The nursery’s work with children and their families will bring us into contact with confidential information.
It is a legal requirement for the nursery to hold information about the children and families using the
nursery and the staff working at the nursery. This information is used for registers, invoices and
emergency contacts. However, all records will be stored in a locked cabinet in line with Data Protection
It is our intention to respect the privacy of children and their families and we will do so by:
• Storing confidential records in a locked filing cabinet
• Ensuring that all staff, volunteers and students are aware that this information is confidential and
only for use within the nursery
• Ensuring that parents have access to files and records of their own children but not to those of
any other child
• Gaining parental permission for any information to be used other than for the above reasons
• Ensuring the staff, through their close relationship with both the children and their parents, learn
more about the families using the nursery.
• Ensuring all staff are aware that this information is confidential and only for use within the nursery
setting. If any of this information is requested by other agencies for whatever reason, the parent’s
permission will always be sought
• Ensuring staff do not discuss personal information given by parents with other members of staff,
except where it affects planning for the child's needs
• Ensuring staff, student and volunteer inductions include an awareness of the importance of
confidentiality in the role of the key person. If staff breach any confidentiality provisions, this may
result in disciplinary action, and in serious cases, dismissal. Students on placement in the nursery
are advised of our confidentiality policy and required to respect it.
Play On Kids Limited (ew10177202) trading as Little Crickets Day Care